Sunday, March 6, 2011

Religious rant, with no disprespect...ish

I wish I had a pen and paper to write this down as it was happening but, I'll try and remember what I can while ranting my opinion (respectfully and that no one has to agree upon).  My amazing, adorable, mush of a nephew was Christened today, and so naturally there was a battle between my reasoning and I related to the Christian faith and all that it stands for.  It just so happens that when my brother and his wife got married, I was a bridesmaid and therefore had to put aside the fact that my refusal to enter a church again would have exceptions.  This is especially because my brother means everything to me, being on my side in the parents versus children war that has always divided adults and younger adults, throughout our entire lives.  Here's  list of things I will try and talk about it in depth, eventually (if not now)
1.  "God's" forgiving nature that damns sinners to punishment.
2.  The words of the priest referring to how babies are Baptized while their parents can speak for them
3. Children in the church and their need to play "bobo-ski-wantin-tantin'
4.  How frightening it is to hear a church full of people saying the same thing at the same time.
5.  The sand castle reference
6.  The reference to those living without jobs due to the economy are sinners and unbelievers
7.  More importantly, the reason for the economic crisis was those who do not following the path of God
8.  The laminated sign metaphorically put in a treasure chest (yuuup), oh, and a side note about the essence of the sign and the box ad what people "sacrifice" for Lent

No comments:

Post a Comment